Sunday, February 8, 2009

Just Dance....

Let that record play....do do do do Just Dance...

~~~~~~~~~~

Guilty Admission #1:
I have been seriously slacking in my working out/running routines.

#2:
I also haven't really been eating all that well. And by that I mean probably not enough (I do it to counter balance #1)

#3:
As much as #1 and #2 bother me - they really don't.

~~~~~~~~~
Maybe it's because I'm getting older and I'm seeing what really matters in life. I thought about it the other day, and I've had people come and go and the good ones stay...but I've been all shapes and sizes, and people still like me for who I am. I know, and have known this...but most of the times people tell themselves that, and don't really listen to it. I am/was one of those people.

I have this theory - and not really a theory per say because I know it's pretty much a fact - You can tell yourself anything you want and eventually you'll believe it. It might not actually be true (especially if you're telling yourself a lie), but most of the times the things we tell ourselves are things we believe to be a reality.

For example.....When I was in college, I used to tell myself that the only way I was good enough was if I had good grades, was skinny, and didn't get into trouble. Then my parents would be happy. What I didn't think of at the time was that my parents would be happy with me no matter what - because they love me and love who I am.

Another example: You can totally lead yourself to believe you're sick. By simply saying, "I think I'm getting sick" - the idea is nested in your head - and if you continue to think it, it most likely get's worse. The idea is to tell yourself, " I am a happy and healthy human being" and then go take some vitamin c or go to the doctors and nip it in the bud!

Yet another example (directly relating to this post): I will not suffer any kind of major problem if I don't workout once or twice or hell even at all during the week. I know I am motivated to work out - So even though I still call someone to tell me it's "okay" to not workout - or even justify the fact that I'm on my 14th day in a row of work and it's totally fine that I didn't get up and run this morning because I wanted to sleep - I know it'll be ok - because nothing changes except maybe the tightness of my jeans today - and you know what - oh well. Whether I'm a size 6 or a size 24 - I'm cool with the person I am on the inside and that's enough for me. I just have to keep telling myself - you're doing ok katie. You're doing ok.

And if all else fails.....JUST DANCE!:-)

No comments: