Tuesday, February 12, 2013

That which no longer serves me....

It's time for a change.

This blog is, after all, all about change and how life is constantly changing.  Is it not?

I am not perfect.  These last few months have provided me with enough evidence to show that I am not practicing what I preach.  How, you might be wondering?  Well - let's just say I am entirely weak when it comes to dealing with my ex-boyfriend and we will leave it at that.  But I digress.....

It's time for me to actually follow the course of action I desire.  Go after what I truly want and not settle for anything less until I get it.  Part of putting those words into action involve a phrase that is frequently used by one of my favorite yoga instructors...."let go of that which no longer serves you.  It has no purpose now.  Move forward with what you know.  Give.  Love.  Give love.  Allow yourself to be open to new possibilities."  Okay okay so that's not verbatim but you get the idea.  Basically I have to keep away the things in my life that are damaging and hurtful - that which no longer serves my purpose. 

There is a reason things end....and begin.  Something must end in order for something else to begin.  It's simple.  It's science (ha!). 

Over the course of the last (nearly) 4 years (can you believe I left Florida 4 years ago this May?!), I have learned so much about myself and my resiliency.  I know what I can handle and I have also learned when and how to say no.  Although my plate is full with lots of activities and work, I am grateful to have all of it.  I think I rarely complain about being busy - it's in the times when I am not working or have nothing to do on a daily basis that my mind begins to wander.  Maybe that's what this last week was supposed to be about? 

I had recently been subbing for a teacher who was out from school because of an accident.  Teaching/subbing for him was amazing.  I loved every moment of it and I truly miss it.  I am glad to have caught up on sleep and feel much more refreshed but I realized that I was meant to be a teacher.  I truly love it.  I am hopeful that something good will come along.  I know it will.  When I was busy, I wasn't thinking about the people or person (specifically) that I missed.  There's a saying that goes something like, 'do the things you love and the rest will fall into place'.  I realized that the more I did the things I loved/love (teaching/coaching), the more things just came naturally.  I work hard for what I have and where I am.  I am beyond grateful for each experience.  So the question is, why do I keep going back to the one person that serves me no purpose anymore?  Truthfully, I  know - and it's for another post another time....

The intention of this post was to kind of hold myself accountable.  Tomorrow is the beginning of Lent.  Although I am no longer a practicing Catholic, I do often partake in the practice of giving something up for 40 days (until Easter).  This year, I am giving up that which no longer serves my purpose.  In other words, I am giving up that which no longer makes me happy - in all aspects of my life.  I am hoping to check in daily - if not bi-daily to report on how it's going.  As for the other post - that's coming.  It's a doozy.

No comments: