Friday, January 25, 2013

Content

The beginning of 2013 has been a whirlwind!  To say the very least.....

Jan 2 I got a phone call from LM asking me to take a 6 week assignment for a teacher who was in a bike accident.  um....HELL YES I WILL DO THIS!

Needless to say, I have been teaching and planning and loving life ever since!  I only wish I could stay longer and I am trying to not think about when my time will be up as I am still not certain.  I am hoping for at least 3 more weeks.  My bank acct/bills will be happy and so will I. 

In the mean time - my New Years was fabulous in so many ways.  It was a nice upswing from the sad/teary-eyed Christmas I couldn't seem to get through.  Seeing my therapist just after Christmas helped and I recently saw her.  She agreed that the decisions I have been making are the steps in the right directions.

I've even lessened my load this Spring.  Remember that crazy/hectic schedule I wrote out not too long ago?  Well - the fact of the matter is - I am no longer working at Cabrini (because I am teaching), I am not teaching morning Spin (because I am teaching), and I am not working at Montco THIS SEMESTER (I will be back in the Fall - enrollment was down for the Spring so they were going to cancel my classes anyway).  I decided (in regards to Montco) that if I was going to do something and do it well instead of half-assed, I should give it my all.  I am definitely not complaining.  Sure, the money would be nice but I am doing alright at the moment. 

I am still teaching spin 2-3 times a week, coaching high school swimming (for at least another month - although that is dwindling too), and coaching and teaching lessons on Saturdays.  For now, this is plenty for me.  I am happy.  And although I don't have much of a social life to boast about - there are times when it is much better than it's ever been.

I am still working on being happy in the moments and not being so concerned with what ifs or what was.  I try to get on my yoga mat at least twice a week - it makes a big difference.  I am also running more frequently and am really happy with myself about all of it. 

As I was proctoring my last midterm this morning I finally realized....I am very lucky.  My sister just lost her job and here I am working and flourishing.  Things could be a lot worse.  I have an amazing support group of friends and family.  I might not always be the best at getting back to everyone but I am trying my best every day and that's really all I can do...that's all any of us can do.

My ultimate goal is, obviously, to get a full time teaching job....in the mean time, I am enjoying this opportunity for what it's worth and doing everything I can to get noticed here.  Fingers crossed it leads to something really good :-)

I am content.

No comments: