Monday, June 13, 2011

Less than a month....

In less than a month I'll be 30 years old. Yikesabee! haha - I'm not really that freaked out. Seriously. It's just a number. Despite having been sick last week (which made me feel old), I still feel like I'm 18 energy wise. I figure you're only as old as you feel.

In the mean time, things to think about:
Swim Team started at Mermaid. So far so good...although I have some minor financial issues to deal with...but I think it'll be okay.

I mentioned I was sick last week - Strep Throat. First time I've ever had it so I wasn't sure what it was. Thankgoodness it cleared up (thanks to antibiotics) otherwise the doctor said it would've been Mono. Yikes!

The Golf Outing was a success! I'll know definitely how much we raised tonight. I have a financial meeting to go over the funds.

Socially - I'm looking forward to my birthday celebration on the 10th! So far all of the tickets are spoken for - I think I might even need to buy some extra's.

Physically - since I'm feeling better - I'm taking my exercising up a notch. I ran about 6.5 miles this morning. Slow - 9 min mile pace - but good. I've lost some of my speed since Broad Street. I think the Oddyssey was the beginning of my getting sick....but I guess it's good to take a break. I'll be switching up my regiment starting next week because on Tuesdays and Thursdays the only time I'll have to workout is in the morning or evening after practice....so I'm thinking about going back to my bootcamp group on Tuesday and Thursday but we'll see. That'll require me to get up really early and go to be early (not that it matters because I can't seem to stay up past 10:30 anymore).

I have the option to make some more money this summer at Mermaid - both by teaching lessons and helping manage the pool. It's in addition to coaching which, as it turns out, I probably won't make anything doing that this summer. It'll make me think twice about it next summer. But, if I decide to take on the extra work at Mermaid it probably means I'll have to work a few weekends....which I was looking forward to having to myself again this summer....decisions decisions. I have been looking around for part time work that I could do anywhere (i.e. online/data entry).

It's frustrating having no money. Also - I'll definitely have none when it comes time to student teach because I've decided to pay for it all on my own - which also means I'll have to wait one more year until I can move out....of course that's all pending I get a job right after student teaching. Otherwise....ugh I don't even want to think about it.

But - I suppose the good thing is I have my health back....I'm surrounded by good people. I have some great things ahead of me this summer....lots to look forward to. If nothing, living at home for this amount of time has certainly humbled me......

No comments: