Monday, June 27, 2011

I'll let you in on a little secret...

Or a few.....

Since the day I went down to DC with my Dad to see the Phils play the Nats (for his birthday), I've had this itch. An itch to do something that many baseball fans think about and few only do.....the itch to make my way all over the country and visit every single Major League Baseball Stadium. Yep. It just won't go away.

And while it's a little too late to do something like that THIS summer - my mind is thinking about it for next summer. I LOVE baseball. No joke. I could watch a baseball game every day and be content. Plus the experience of all of the travel and getting to see every stadium - I'd obviously (being the girl that I am) have to make a scrapbook of the journey. I just need to find someone to go with me......maybe this time next summer it'll be a possibility. But even if I don't, I'm not going to let it stop me. If all of the things I've been working toward pan out - I'm definitely going to try and make it happen.

Another secret you ask?.....I feel kind of weird about the fact that I'm turning 30 in exactly two weeks. Does anyone else NOT feel like they're that age? I remember thinking to myself when I was in high school....man, 30 would be old! I better have a family and house by then. My, how our realities don't necessarily live up to our expectations. But you know, I couldn't even imagine having a family and a house by now - especially with the way my life has gone. I would've missed out on all the amazing things I got to do and places I got to travel and friends I got to meet.

I have a friend - a wonderful friend from college - who I reconnected with back in the Fall. We were pretty much inseparable that first semester. He had to transfer to another school the second semester but I always remembered that connection. It's amazing how it only takes a moment to know who one of your soul mates are. And yes, I do believe we have more than one soul mate. He happens to be one of them. I'm pretty sure he always will be. There are people in our lives that we'll always have a certain kind of connection with that all it takes is a glance or a goofy face and they know EXACTLY what you're thinking. He's one of them. But I digress....

That story has a happy ending because he and I found each other again! I'm so lucky to have him in my life! He is a happily married man and I can't wait to meet his wife one day....but the reason I'm telling this particular story is because after all of those years of being apart from each other...when we finally did connect, he couldn't believe I wasn't taken. I told him, "you're tellin' me..." But he didn't mean it in a bad way....and in a way it was nice to hear. It made me feel like there was hope. Not that I've lost my hope in finding someone...but to hear that from someone I hadn't talked to in 12+ years....it was just a good feeling...if that makes sense?

What am I getting at? Well, remember how last summer I mentioned I was just going to have fun and see what happened? And it was an awesome summer! I'm hoping to do the same this year. With all the stresses I've got from the swim team and the crazy July that is coming up - I think I just need to focus on one thing at a time....who cares if I'm turning 30? It's just a number. I certainly don't feel old and I definitely don't look like it!

I have another post for another time about memories...but that can wait...

No comments: