Monday, April 20, 2009

That's not my name...

They call me 'her'
They call me 'Jane'
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
~The Ting Tings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So it's the start of a new week! Lots of things to report on...but first, in reference to what the song means....

Thursday morning I had my doctor's appt, and the nurses (for some reason) decided I was ok with being called 'kate'. Now, anyone who knows me..knows that unless you are my family...it is NEVER ok to call me this. My name is KATIE. K A T I E. Katie. It's not short for anything...it's just Katie.

That being said, I let the first instance go by, thinking to myself - well maybe I'm just out of sorts, I didn't sleep last night and maybe she won't do it again. So the first nurse went out and didn't say my name again..but the second one came in and did my IV and she called me 'kate' also. So I quickly corrected her saying, "um sorry, excuse me but could you call me Katie. That's my name". And like that the incident resolved. But just...GRRRRRRRR I can't stand when people do that. I can't stand when people give nicknames/shorten a name when they don't even know you. My name is written KATIE...not KATE.

OK...enough on that rant...updates elsewhere...

Saturday night was so much fun! I have pictures...but I don't have my camera wire to upload the pics...but they'll be on once I get back to Florida. It was so great to see my friends and have them come out! I had a blast. :-) Of course..I drank WAY too much and realized that the next morning when I woke up only to tell myself - I am not a college kid anymore...I can't drink like that! I seriously overdid it...but whatevs. I had a great time:-)

Yesterday I dealt with the hangover, went for a run, went to my dads, went to Josh's and saw the other set of parents and got dinner and a great conversation with him. We haven't done that in awhile..so it was so nice to see him. I'm glad I'll get to spend more time with him once I move home.

When I woke up this morning - I felt like there was so much still to be done. But then I reread my previous post and realized most of it is finished. I do still have to do the Ikea thing...book mom a flight...and enroll at cabrini. I'm going to apply for an aide position at colonial..and probably another school district...so that takes care of that...and other than that...today I'm going to do some Yoga and then head to the gym for a spin session. I do also want to open a bank acct...but I guess if I go with Bank of America I can just do it when I get back to Orlando:-)

Other than that...I can't really think of anything else I'm supposed to do.

It's rainy here today...but that's ok - the weekend was amazing! I'm so glad I didn't waste it. I ran twice this weekend - first run was just over 8 miles and yesterday I ran about 6. Im hoping to find new running routes once I move back and hopefully get more involved with a running club. All in good time.

As for other stuff - think good thoughts for kelly - she finds out today if she gets her Teach for America position.

No comments: